Friday, February 4, 2011

Cattle Cafe, Burnaby





My BFF and I decided to do a GNO (Girl's Night Out) tonight (sans the little one and the husband and her BF) and ate at one of her favorite spots, The Cattle Cafe (in Burnaby). Don't be fooled by the name of the restaurant - their menu is not comprised of beef and only beef products. We actually came for the soup which I didn't end up having because I chose to have pork instead lol (oh the details that should really go unmentioned).
My take on the place: it was alright - nothing special or a HAVE-TO-DINE-HERE sort of place for me. Other than the soup they were serving, most of the dishes I saw were very "cook-able" at home. Regardless, the prices were reasonable and the assortment was generous. The only negative thing I could really say about the place is: save your money and buy your bubble tea elsewhere. The one shown above was a fresh-fruit papaya slush shake which was a tad on the bland side. Anyway, the trip was worth it because my catch up session with my BFF was priceless :)
We decided to go to Chapter's afterward and found ourselves sitting on a bean bag and some stuffed animals while reading fashion magazines. We couldn't believe how much the VOGUE one cost (approx. $60 USD) so we flipped through it frantically, trying to soak every little bit that we could since we weren't planning on purchasing it.
 To my dismay, I was stuck with 3 of my monthly "go-to" magazines that unfortunately had 3 celebrities on the cover who I can't stand. This has always been enough for me to back away from purchasing any book or magazine, despite how brilliant the content may be inside.
The last mag I picked up was a MAXIM as I find them entertaining - getting inside the male mind and all. I didn't really get to flip through this one though because my BFF and I spent most of the hour setting up her new Blackberry. 
Nevertheless, it was time well spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment