Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MY GREEK TAVERYNA, Coquitlam (My Birthday Dinner)






How all our cakes will look after singing Happy Birthday and before cutting it, thanks to my little one's quick Karate-chopping hands.


My real birthday evening was spent with family at My Greek Taverna in Coquitlam. I decided to order something different from my usual beef souvlaki and found that I should've stuck with that one. The dolmades dinner was so-so but it was my birthday dinner (and mom's treat) so I made the best of it. If you are looking for the best dolmades in Vancouver, you have to go to Stepho's. That's where I had my very first taste and experience and maybe it set the standard too high, but that's not a bad thing is it? Anyway, the company (and stealing a bunch of calamari from my mom's plate) made up for it. Oh having some of the cake spelling "Happy Birthday Justing" was a nice way to end the evening. I would say that I had a very nice birthday but I don't celebrate "birthdays." I celebrate birth "weeks" or "months" and this year, I choose to feel special and get what I want for the remainder of this month.

Feeling overly entitled,
Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment