Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh to be a fly on the wall

I haven't eaten soft cheese in close to 2 years so you (cheese lovers) can imagine how joyous this moment was for me.

I still can't celebrate with champagne or wine so I have to bring these to parties in order to "participate" in toasts and mingling. If you haven't tried this brand, you are missing out! It's delicious and brings me back to my childhood days of sipping on super sugary tropical fruit drinks.




Who knew roasting garlic could be so easy?

The finished product.

Green tea cake from T&T (look at me, eating all the stuff I'm not supposed to)

We just got home from dinner at a friend's place and as usual, she cooked up an incredible feast (all after work too – she is my absolute cooking idol for western food). We arrived a little early so I caught her just in time as I’ve been begging to watch her cook so I could take note of how to do the simplest things like broil garlic covered shrimp or boil vegetables and toss them in butter. We kept the conversation light and humorous, with topics like Jersey Shore’s season 3 starting next week. The night ended with an unpleasant and smelly diaper change for the little one which consequently resulted in a 10 minute giant house fly chase. This unwelcomed guest flew in, seeing that we couldn’t avoid having to slide the patio door wide open – my friend and her boyfriend almost suffocated while my husband and I have grown immune to the “sweet” aroma of baby poop. Despite all of this, I am sure everyone had a good time.

Thanks and sorry again,
Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment