Saturday, January 8, 2011

Prostitutes, Plastic Boxes and Vietnamese Food, Burnaby

Overwhelmed by the super high ceilings and super tall shelves at Canadian Tire
I would've been happy if my stocking was stuffed with things from this aisle
What I came here for but geez, $12.99?! I promised myself I wouldn't pay more than $10 and passed on this one with a fancy handles
I went with this one at $6.99 instead (This is a garlic press btw)
This is what my mom and I had for lunch at this Filipino Restaurant by Joyce Station - my usual "Kare Kare" and "Pakbet" for her. Food was okay - nothing I'm dying to come back for.
I wasn't home all day so we dined at this Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant in New Westminster (kitty corner from Royal City Center). Unfortunately, I forgot the name :( The food wasn't to die for either but the service was great! Some of the friendliest Asian people I've dealt with.
First time to have an avocado bubble tea - I never see this on menus
Guess what I registered today!!! Congratulations to me!!!
The shoe boxes I went gaga over
I'm not even sure why I'm writing right now. I am beyond exhausted and have an early day tomorrow (pre-my birthday celebration with my husband and the little one). I guess it's because I am loyal to my non-existent readers and (most likely) because I took the pictures above and wanted to share these with you.

Anyway, I haven't been home all day and started the day off with another trip to Canadian Tire to grab 3 more of those 5-pack plastic shoe boxes, I purchased a couple of days ago, that were on sale at $5.99. After grabbing the garlic press, I went straight to the container/storage aisle and grabbed the boxes. I had to double check how much they were and to my dismay, the sale ended yesterday so they were back to their original price of $16.99!!! When the sales clerk told me, my heart sank (yes, that's how superficial I am). The expression on my make-up-less face must have softened her heart as she contacted Customer Service a few seconds later to inform them that I was on my way and to charge me the sale price. For my fellow shoppers out there, you know when these things happen, it means it's a sign that: I WAS MEANT TO HAVE THESE. 97% of my shoes now have a cozy home (I left the boots and booties homeless for easy access this winter season), which reminds me how much I need to wrap myself in a blanket and go to sleep.

I'll end this with a quick observation I made during a basketball game at my husband's old high school (it sounds odd that we went but he and his buddies watch this special tournament every year - kind of like a reunion for them too). I don't know about what your senior boy's basketball team female managers looked like but the ones we witnessed tonight were dressed like "street walkers." It is indeed a different time as a little over 10 years ago, being a manager myself, we would never imagine dressing in mini skirts and hooker boots. I mean, geez, we saved that look for the school dances :p

Falling asleep to Spencer's (from King of Queens) interview with Jimmy Fallon,
Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment